Re: Problems debootstrapping armhf

Hello,

2011/10/15 peter green <peter.green@postgrad.manchester.ac.uk>:

>># debootstrap --foreign --arch=armhf
>> --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-ports-archive-keyring.gpg sid .
>> http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian >However, the resulting file system does
>> not seem to contain a dpkg executable
> I don't know for sure why it didn't end up in there but I suspect it's due
> to there being no armhf binary of the current unstable version (at least
> there doesn't appear to be one).

It is on 'unreleased' suite due to a dpkg bug preventing to bootstrap
armhf with multistrap (uses multiple repositories for bootstrapping).
A fixed dpkg will be in 'unstable' suite as soon as its built as it
has already been uploaded a new version with the fix in it.

You might want to read the bug report as it will hint you on how you
can easily bootstrap with an alternative to debootstrap, multistrap:
  <http://bugs.debian.org/644492>

Kind regards,
--