re: Problems debootstrapping armhf

(On PC)
 # cd /mnt

># debootstrap --foreign --arch=armhf --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-ports-archive-keyring.gpg sid . http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian >However, the resulting file system does not seem to contain a dpkg executable I don't know for sure why it didn't end up in there but I suspect it's due to there being no armhf binary of the current unstable version (at least there doesn't appear to be one).

If I were you I would just add it manually (using your PC)

wget ftp://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian/pool-armhf/main/d/dpkg/dpkg_1.16.1+armhf.1_armhf.deb
dpkg-deb -x dpkg_1.16.1+armhf.1_armhf.deb .

You can expect some rough edges with this sort of thing until all the armhf related changes are pushed into debian proper.