Problems debootstrapping armhf

So my shiny new AC100 laptop has arrived, and I'm trying to install armhf Debian on it.

As per the instructions here:

  http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Toshiba/AC100

...I have done a foreign debootstrap from another machine, with the following:

(On PC)
  # cd /mnt
# debootstrap --foreign --arch=armhf --keyring=/usr/share/keyrings/debian-ports-archive-keyring.gpg sid . http://ftp.debian-ports.org/debian

However, the resulting file system does not seem to contain a dpkg executable, and as expected trying to run the second stage debootstrap on the device fails:

(On device)
  # chroot /mnt
  # debootstrap/deboostrap --second-stage
  I: Installing core packages...
W: Failure trying to run: dpkg --force-depends --install /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_6.5_armhf.deb /var/cache/apt/archives/base-passwd_3.5.23_armhf.deb

What am I missing here?

This is all on a brand new Debian wheezy installation.

│
│ "Under communism, man exploits man. Under capitalism, it's just the
│ opposite." --- John Kenneth Galbrith