omap kernel flavour (was: Looking for a well supported ARM device for demo usage)

On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 09:06:27AM -0500, Robert Nelson wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> > * Meike Reichle <meike@debian.org> [2011-05-03 15:43]:
> >> those are very good hints, thank you! I didn't realise the mx53 and
> >> the Panda run well with Debian. I even have those on hand here.
> >
> > They are not supported by the Debian installer.  Debian will work fine
> > but you'll have to install it manually.
>
> Actually the Beagle/Panda are supported by a smalled hacked up version
> of the Debian Installer.. (just wraps a mainline u-boot/kernel around
> the versatile initrd.gz)
>
> https://github.com/RobertCNelson/netinstall-omap
>
> I'm currently working on adding imx53 support for that low cost board
> mentioned..
>
> Martin:
> I know i asked this question about 2 year ago...  How do you feel
> about adding an omap variant to debian?  the omap2plus_config in
> mainline currently supports pretty much every omap board omap2-4.

I'm currently trying to integrate an omap flavour in the linux-2.6
package for armhf (which would be omap3+, since omap2 uses armv6
which is not supported on armhf). The problem is, that it's
currently not working correctly:

http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=130418066110996&w=2

-- Sebastian