Re: Looking for a well supported ARM device for demo usage

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Meike Reichle <meike@debian.org> [2011-05-03 15:43]:
>> those are very good hints, thank you! I didn't realise the mx53 and
>> the Panda run well with Debian. I even have those on hand here.
>
> They are not supported by the Debian installer.  Debian will work fine
> but you'll have to install it manually.

Actually the Beagle/Panda are supported by a smalled hacked up version
of the Debian Installer.. (just wraps a mainline u-boot/kernel around
the versatile initrd.gz)

https://github.com/RobertCNelson/netinstall-omap

I'm currently working on adding imx53 support for that low cost board
mentioned..

Martin:
I know i asked this question about 2 year ago...  How do you feel
about adding an omap variant to debian?  the omap2plus_config in
mainline currently supports pretty much every omap board omap2-4..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/