Re: ARMv4-support in armel/squeeze?

* Loïc Minier (lool@dooz.org) [101221 10:51]:
>  If libfoo is built with different flags in the first stage and that
>  breaks any rdeps (or rbdeps), then the first stage should provide a
>  different package name e.g. libfoo-stage1, or libfoo-noreadline and
>  relevant rdeps/rbdeps should be adapted to cope with this.

If it breaks, then yes. But what if the rdeps work, but perhaps with
limited functionality for the user interface only? (Which means that
any packages build-depending on it won't have any limitation.)

I think it would be ok to accept such limitations - but YMMV.

(Changing package names makes it harder for maintainers of such
packages then just to say to configure "if there is no readline,
build without")

Andi