Re: SheevaPlug install hangs at "Configuring linux-image-2.6.32-5-kirkwood"

On 17 September 2010 07:54, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> wrote:
> * Imran Chaudhry <ichaudhry@gmail.com> [2010-09-17 07:30]:
>> > Linux need ext2 for /boot partition.
>> Thanks Gandalf, aha - hence the "ext2load" bit in the boot params. The
>> installer happily let me create ext4 for /boot - I wonder if it should
>> restrict this to ext2. It would be prudent for Martin to mention this
>> on his install page.
>
> It's mentioned already:
>
> "The installer will also offer a partition layout that is known to
> work. If you want to choose a different layout, make sure that you
> create a small (ca. 150 MB) /boot partition with the ext2 filesystem."
>
>> md5sum comparison of the original files versus the ones on SD card
>> look fine.
>>
>> printenv same as before. The error this time is:
>
> Hmm, I'm not sure.  How big is the /boot partition and is it the first
> primary partition?

Hi Martin,

Apologies - my reply was a bit terse as I was sending from my phone
and missed the list in my reply.

It is the first and 100MB in size, there's about 66MB of free space though.

When I created the ext2 file the UUID of the partition changed. Is it
possible that it refers to the old UUID of the ext4 /boot in fstab or
elsewhere?

I'll try a re-install tonight if all else fails.

Thanks!

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65  F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F