Re: SheevaPlug install hangs at "Configuring linux-image-2.6.32-5-kirkwood"

* Imran Chaudhry <ichaudhry@gmail.com> [2010-09-17 07:30]:
> > Linux need ext2 for /boot partition.
> Thanks Gandalf, aha - hence the "ext2load" bit in the boot params. The
> installer happily let me create ext4 for /boot - I wonder if it should
> restrict this to ext2. It would be prudent for Martin to mention this
> on his install page.

It's mentioned already:

"The installer will also offer a partition layout that is known to
work. If you want to choose a different layout, make sure that you
create a small (ca. 150 MB) /boot partition with the ext2 filesystem."

> md5sum comparison of the original files versus the ones on SD card
> look fine.
>
> printenv same as before. The error this time is:

Hmm, I'm not sure.  How big is the /boot partition and is it the first
primary partition?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/