Re: armelfp: new architecture name for an armel variant

Hello,

2010/7/10, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com>:
> 2010/7/10, Martin Guy <martinwguy@gmail.com>:
>> Sure. So my question was "what are the technical impacts of the string
>> chosen as an arch name?" -or- "What would make it 'wrong'"?
>
> AFAICS, there are no technical impacts. If someone knows it better,
> please expand.

Rethinking on the name, Debian already has 3 names (arm, armel,
armeb). There is real use of two out of the three, but soon, there
only be one of current use. If we had picked generic names, maybe
nowadays, we could change 'armeb' defaults to another setup. The same
will happen soon with 'arm'.

I would suggest to pick a generic, short name, with we could reuse
later if it is proven that hardfloat has no sense in the next years.
Comments?

--
 Héctor Orón