Re: SS4000E - Installation finished but flash zImage still net install

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 10:25:36PM +0200, mark@jumpingbean.co.za wrote:

> So I go through the installation process but the "make system bootable"
> section fails.

Which Debian version did you install ?

IRC, the Lenny d-i can't make this system bootable : the flash-kernel
script doesn't recognized the platform to flash the kernel properly.
You need at least Squeeze, or at least flash with the Squeeze script
version donwloaded apart.

> I have tried editing the boot script as follows:
>
> fis load ramdisk.gz
> exec -c "console=ttyS0,115200 rw root=/dev/md0 mem=256M@0xa0000000" -r
> 0x01800000
>
> But this doesn't work as I assume it can't see the multi-disk
> device.

Strange, it sounds good.

Mine was booted with almost the same :

lothar:~# cat /proc/cmdline
console=ttyS0,115200 rw root=/dev/md0 mem=256M@0xa0000000

> How do I update the zImage on the flash

With the flash-kernel script. His purpose is to write the installed
kernel on the flash to do normal boot.

> or how do I get the boot loader to boot the zImage from the /dev/md0
> device?

I believe that you can't :-/ AFAIK, this machine boots only from
flash, with a kernel specialy crafted. The flash-script "wraps" the
kernel in the zImage file with some bits needed for booting (the
machine id).

Hih,

--

JFS.