Re: Problem went away mysteriously [Re: Bricked my SheevaPlug?]

On Sat, 20 Jun 2009, John Hughes wrote:
Rick Thomas a écrit :

Generally, I do leave the debug/console USB plugged in all the time.

Are you referring to plugging/unplugging the console USB when you say "strange things" happen?
Yes, I've seen the plug crash, with the blue light turning off when the debug USB is plugged/unplugged, and some people on plugforum have complained that if they leave the debug USB plugged in then the plug is "unstable".

I just thought of something... Are there any signals that get transmitted via usb to tell connected devices to "go into sleep mode" or any "power off hard devices" power saving modes. Could these be telling sheeva to "take a nap, poweroff"?

The unplug sounds like the serial uart hardware/code cannot handle a garbled transmission when uplugging, or because the power sensors whig out.

Any chance someone goofed up and made the serial usb a power suppling usb socket? power from pc and power from laptop could be an issue.
--
steve