Re: Test images for Debian lenny rc2 available

On Sat, Mar 07, 2009 at 09:27:53 +0100, Martin Michlmayr (tbm@cyrius.com) wrote:

> * Bob Cox <debian-arm@lists.bobcox.com> [2009-03-07 08:25]:
> > I only suggest this because I have never had a failure with an install
> > with all of these parameters specified, but ISTR my only problem intall
> > was with trying to use DHCP.
>
> What problem did you have?  DHCP should work fine, but it's possible
> that something is broken.

Martin - it was years ago.  I really cannot remember, but it certainly
was not with the current installer.  In essence, I just always use
static IPs here and it "just works" - each and every time.  My latest
install was a few weeks ago to my third slug and it was using the rc2
installer (the .bin file dated 24 Jan).

I just wondered if Marc's problem might be a network issue and
eliminating DHCP seemed an easy thing to start with.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.