Re: Test images for Debian lenny rc2 available

On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 14:42:36 -0800, Marc Singer (elf@buici.com) wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 04, 2009 at 08:14:15PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> > * Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> [2009-03-04 16:37]:
> > > * Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> [2009-03-04 07:31]:
> > >
> > > Which image do you use exactly?  And do you use a USB stick or the
> > > built-in Ethernet?  Can you show us /var/log/syslog?
> >
> > And: do you use the original flash layout or did you modify it?
>
> Stock flash layout.
>
> I'm using the built-in ethernet interface with a 1G USB memory stick.

In your original post you indicated that you had the slug setup to use
DHCP.  Would it be possible for you to reflash with the Linksys
firmware, then set a hostname, static IP address, netmask, default
gateway and nameserver and try again with the lenny installer?

I only suggest this because I have never had a failure with an install
with all of these parameters specified, but ISTR my only problem intall
was with trying to use DHCP.

--
Bob Cox.  Stoke Gifford, near Bristol, UK.