Re: Test images for Debian lenny rc2 available

On Sat, Jan 24, 2009 at 05:27:56PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Just to let you know that test images of the second release candidate
> (rc2) of the installer for Debian 5.0 (lenny) are now available.  You
> can download the images from
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-armel/current/images/
>
> NSLU2 users: firmware images with the IXP4xx microcode can be found at
> http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/files/tmp/debian-armel-5.0rc2-test1.zip
>
> Unless there are major problems with rc2, these installer images will
> become the official installer for lenny.  So if you have a spare ARM
> machine or want to reinstall your machine for some reason (for example
> to move from arm to armel), please use these images and report any
> problems you find.

Thanks for the new images.

I have a slug that won't take the install.  It upgrades with upslug2
just fine, but after the reboot all of the slug LEDs go dark and then
the USB memory stick activates, but it never requests a DHCP address.
The LINK light never lights.

An older firmware image failed as well, but in that case the red LED
is on as is the network LINK LED.  I don't have a console cable here,
so I cannot tell what is failing.  I'll take it to work tomorrow and
do more diagnosis.

Cheers.