Re: Problems installing HP Media Vault 2120

Thanks for the suggestions Martin. I did get it to work eventually but I havd to move it home to a different network. The original attempts were made at my university where we have some restrictions on getting DHCP addresses immediately so I suspected that my original problem had something to do with this even though I set up a private network with my own DHCP server. Once I took it home there were another set of problemswhich had to be overcome but the system is now happily running.

Let me list the steps below in case anyone else have the same problem. I am not sure why this happened but I suspect that there might be an imcompatibility with my router and the Media Vault recovery mode. I have a Linksys WRT54G at home.