Problems installing HP Media Vault 2120

Hi All:

I just got an HP Media Vault 2120 and was starting to install debian on it. I am not getting very far though. This is a brand new device, never officially set up using the HP software. Here is what I do and observe:

1. Boot to recovery with purple light flashing
2. Run uphpmvault with the netboot.img (lenny or sid does not make a
   difference.
3. MV 2120, is found image is uploaded
4. Health light goes blank, network light stays on
5. Health light turns on blinking slowly, network light blinks
   occasionally

The system remains in state 5 forever. The Health light never goes solid and just before that it never starts blinking quickly after it goes blank.

If I reboot it it will go to the HP native software with a web interface.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Any ideas as to what could be happening? Perhaps do I need to boot it to its native system and upgrade some firmware or do an initial setup?

Please cc me as I am not subscribed.

Carlo

--
Carlo U. Segre -- Professor of Physics
Associate Dean for Graduate Admissions, Graduate College