RE: E220 Modem

Apparently people have managed to get this modem working on the NSLU2 under different firmware ie openWRTso it seems like a Debian issue, I did find this....

It is a conflict between usb-storage and the option module. You should disable the usb-storage for the mode.

However I need the usb-storage module as I'm using a usb hard disk.

More info....
HUAWEI E220 is supported natively by Linux, over usbserial.ko
(usbserial-generic) interface. Linux kernel versions prior to 2.6.20
have some problems with it.