Re: E220 Modem

On Sat, Dec 05, 2009 at 09:48:37PM +0000, Brian Platt wrote:
> I've been trying for ages to try and get my T-Mobile E220 modem working on my
> Linksys NSLU2 but I can't for love nor money and hoping someone on here can
> help me, here's some info....

Perhaps the NSLU2 is just too slow to be able to manage the data rate
properly?

I've been having similar issues with a USB GigE NIC that I tried
connecting to my NSLU2. Worked just fine on my laptop, wouldn't even
initialize on the NSLU2. I can't be sure, of course, but since the
bitrate is much higher than the clock frequency, it's not impossible
that the system just can't keep up with the interrupts DMA requests or
whatever that the USB device needs to do.

Of course I never got to prove this theory, so that's all that it is.

(Side note: yes, I know how stupid the concept of a USB GigE NIC is, but
the shop had no other choice.)

trying to fool the system.