Re: arm port plans for the squeeze cycle

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 02:34:35PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
> Riku Voipio wrote:
> > As mentioned elsewhere on the thread, the biggest deal is getting
> > openmoko supprted. But I believe it's more of a kernel and d-i team
> > issue than ARM port issue.
>
> Eh, support for new hardware is not implemented by the D-I team, but by
> porters. Of course, we welcome porters to be active in the D-I team, but
> don't expect support for new hardware to magically appear.
>
> (But I think you already know that and it was just a case of unfortunate
> wording.)

Yeah, and that's what's actually happening. Luca and I are currently
working on the Openmoko stuff, but we of course welcome others to help.
BTW I would consider myself more as a d-i team member than an arm
porter..., but I don't think this really matters.

Gaudenz

--
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter.
Try again. Fail again. Fail better.