Re: USB networking problem on Sheevaplug

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
[...]
David: which kernel is that?  2.6.29 or 2.6.30?

2.6.30-rc8.

The ethernet widget in question is a 0bda:8150 RTL8150. I'm enclosing the output from hw.gz.

BTW, I happened to run into an embedded systems engineer a little while ago who had worked with Marvell CPUs: he said that their USB chipsets were notoriously flaky and tended to be very picky about what USB hubs they worked with. That's in fact exactly what I've seen --- I've gone through several different models of USB hub before I found one that would work reliably.

OTOH that doesn't explain why it's been running perfectly for two months and is only now just now acting up.

│
│ "They laughed at Newton. They laughed at Einstein. Of course, they
│ also laughed at Bozo the Clown." --- Carl Sagan