ts209ii to ts219p hw upgrade w/ present hd config

Hello,

I have recently ordered a ts219p and it will arrive sometime this or
next week. I currently own a ts209ii and it has been running debian
lenny stably running a while now.

I'm hoping to get a few hints on how I may easily migrate the system to
the new hardware. Being my disks are partioned as needed, I wanted to do
something like the following (it's probably a little naive).

1) backup vital data in the current system.

2) flash the mtd's as per Martins' site says here w/o any hds:
   http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/qnap/ts-219/unpack.html

3) reboot the system

4) turn off the system and put in the two disks from the current hw

5) boot the system and upgrade debian

I think I'm missing a step in the list -> tell debian where to boot: in
my case a md, more specifically a raid 1 configuration.

Can someone tell me where I may read this information or tell me how I
may safely do the migration w/o loosing any data?

Thanks in advance,

John Holland

Cellent Finance Solutions AG

Firmensitz: Calwer Straße 33, 70173 Stuttgart
Vorstand: Thomas Wild
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Rudolf Zipf