Re: Some help needed to install Lenny on the Intel SS4000-E nas

Hello Andrea,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 02:27:25PM +0200, Andrea Lanza wrote:

> I am still concerned about speed, becouse I am not able to go
> further about 4,3 MB/sec via nfs

Well, it's already better than the 2.5 (m/l) that I have had whith the
original software ;)

But, if I can, some questions regarding this speed :

- it's on on a RAID5 partition, I suppose ?

- whith the nfs-kernel-server or a user space one ?

- on tcp or udp ?

- and have you tried with the 'async' nfs option ?

- also, have you tried ftp and rsync ?

> at this point I destoyed anything and so I have no more network
> support and other: if you want to folow me, do:

[...]

Thank you for your instructions, but since this machine is now
supported by the d-i, it's seems a lot easier than cross compiling
etc.

> I am not a linux expert at all

Neither me... TBH, I'm not confident I could have taken your road ;)

> so it costs me a lot of fighting, especially to get the "right"
> serial cable

Yes, me too ! It seems easy, but it's only with the third one found in
the "IT atic Museum" that I succeeded. With the first two, I got only
garbage in minicom...

> and to "arrange" the SS4000 envelope in order to make
> available an external serial connector.

Did you cut a hole in the casing for the serial connector ?

Was it easy ? Some advice to do so ? :-)

> if you need any further information feel free to ask me

Thanks!

--

J.-F. STRAETEN

---