Re: Installing debian on ARM board

The web site for the sheeva plug has boot from nfs (partially) instructions. http://plugcomputer.org. Also, maybe look at some of the docs on the Marvell site.

http://www.marvell.com/products/embedded_processors/developer/kirkwood/sheevaplug.jsp

--
Steve
Equal bytes for women.

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009, Amandeep Bhullar wrote:

Thanks guys.

I will love to tftp but my ARM target board is connected to a machine
running windows XP and running Debian 5.0 in a VMware player. Do you think I
can still boot from tftp? I do have tftp set up on both windows and Debian
and can transfer files between them but not sure if Debian in VM Player will
be able to talk to the ARM board.

U-boot does have a usbboot command but I am not sure what I must have on the
USB to make it boot. Do I download .iso file, burn it on CD and then copy
the contects of CD on the USB stick?