Re: Installing debian on ARM board

Thanks guys.

I will love to tftp but my ARM target board is connected to a machine running windows XP and running Debian 5.0 in a VMware player. Do you think I can still boot from tftp? I do have tftp set up on both windows and Debian and can transfer files between them but not sure if Debian in VM Player will be able to talk to the ARM board.

U-boot does have a usbboot command but I am not sure what I must have on the USB to make it boot. Do I download .iso file, burn it on CD and then copy the contects of CD on the USB stick?

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM, Hector Oron <hector.oron@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

> I am new to this so I might be asking something very simple. But I do
> need your help.
> I have an ARM based board AT91SAM9263-EK and I want to run Debian on it.
> I am running U-Boot 2009.03.
> What options do I have for installation. I don't have a CD-ROM interface
> or Hard disk on it where I can boot from but I do have USB device ports
> and can use USB stick. Can I do it using USB stick?

You could try to boot from usb using uboot (need to check if uboot
supports it).

You can also attempt TFTP as luk told you, suggested reading