Re: "offline" install of Etch to SATA HDDs for MyBook World?

Hi,

thanks for that description! We ought to document it publically, so that
others can use this and hack any further.

Jonsen, Dan schrieb:
> See my reply to Bill Gatliff's post about performance issues before you consider
> using this box as a NAS device...

I see no reply to Bill's <[🔎] 48A9DBB8.9030005@billgatliff.com> from
15:29:44 -0500. Maybe you made a private reply rather than a group
reply, just like the one you sent to me.

> disks as one using a software RAID package (I think it was mdadm, but I'm not sure).

True: This box uses linux software RAID on md2, md3, and md4, so you
should be able to mount them from any other linux platform after
re-assemling them each with "mdadm -A". (further options required)

/etc lies on the / fs in /dev/root. This is probably also a linux RAID.
(md1 perhaps) For further hacking it would be interesting to know what
/etc/mdadm.conf says and what the kernel command line is.

cheers
--
Kevin Price
http://www.kevin-price.de/