Re: Debian install on NSLU2 restarts when I copy lots of data

On 02/04/2008, Rod Whitby <rod@whitby.id.au> wrote:
Giles Thomas wrote:
>... when I try to copy more than a few megs at once from
> the Windows machine to the NSLU's share, the NSLUs reboots itself!

This is usually due to a bus-powered hard drive sucking too much power
from the NSLU2, or some other deficiency in the power supply to the NSLU2.

If you have a hard drive connected (as opposed to a flash stick), then
make sure it's externally powered.

Rod - thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately I don't think that's it - the hard disk is externally powered.  I've been using the disk and the NSLU2 together for quite a while, with the unslung firmware, without problems - so I think I can rule out interactions between the two.

Giles
--
Giles Thomas
giles@giles.net