Re: Debian install on NSLU2 restarts when I copy lots of data

Giles Thomas wrote:
I've been playing with Debian on my NSLU2 for a few days now. With the help of the wiki and the excellent install guide at <http://www.cyrius.com/debian/nslu2/install.html>, I've got it up and running, and I've set up a Samba share which I can see from my Windows machine. However, when I try to copy more than a few megs at once from the Windows machine to the NSLU's share, the NSLUs reboots itself!

There's nothing immediately obvious in the logfiles in /var/log; I've looked at messages, syslog, kern.log and debug. Is there anywhere else I should be looking for clues about why this is happening?

This is usually due to a bus-powered hard drive sucking too much power from the NSLU2, or some other deficiency in the power supply to the NSLU2.

If you have a hard drive connected (as opposed to a flash stick), then make sure it's externally powered.

-- Rod