Re: Please test debian-installer rc1 images

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 12:12:55PM +0530, Sivakumar.R.J wrote:
>    We are trying to create initrd and zImage for our customized IMX31 armel
>    board ( in which we have tested debian chroot successfully). We need to
>    boot the debian from the redboot. Is it possible to boot the debian with
>    you provided initrd and kernel image. If not please provide me the
>    information to create our own initrd and kernel zImage to boot the debian
>    filesystem from redboot.We are using freescale LTIB provided cross
>    compiler tool ,zImage and rootfs.jffs2 and we are going to use the same
>    drivers .kindly direct me in correct path.

Installing debian using custom kernel and standard d-i initrd is
possible:

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/Arm/OtherPlatforms

Notice that d-i does not support installing to NAND and does not support
jffs2 filesystem at the moment, so this is mostly usefull on installing
to a MMC/SD compatible card or USB connected mass storage device.