Re: Please test debian-installer rc1 images

* John Reiser <vendor@BitWagon.com> [2008-11-09 09:15]:
> It worked for me but it was very slow, by a factor of ten.

Yeah, debian-installer isn't really designed for machines like the
NSLU2.  There are in fact installers that run on the host system, such
as the one for SLIND, but I don't think anyone has adapted them for
Debian and the NSLU2.

> Changing from ext3 to ext2 (which avoids the "double write" of
> journalling), and using the 'noatime' mount option, saved 45 minutes.

That's a very interesting observation.  I'll forward this to
debian-boot.  Maybe this should be done in lowmem mode.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/