Re: R: Daily installer image available for QNAP TS-109, TS-209 and TS-409

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>  - The QNAP has much better cooling
>
>  - The case of the QNAP is much more stable than that of the N2100.  IIRC
>    the fan on the QNAP is also more quiet. (And the TS-109 doesn't have
>    a fan at all.)

My external USB hard drives without cooling become pretty hot, especially if
the run for a longer time... In the QNAP the disk would probably be running
24x7, so is passive cooling for such a small device really a good idea?
Maybe I should look for a special low-power hard disk, because I am also
concerned about power consumption as a cost factor.

Thomas