Re: Daily installer image available for QNAP TS-109, TS-209 and TS-409

Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> Daily installer images are now available for the QNAP TS-109, TS-209
> and TS-409.  This means that complete installations of Debian testing
> are possible now.

Good work Martin!

I am currently looking for a high-performance replacement of my good old
NSLU2 and thought about a QNAP device. I found this benchmark, and was
wondering if a debianized QNAP would have similar performance (I think it

Could somebody with a QNAP 109 please run a similar test and post the

On the other hand, the D-Link DNS-323 seems to have higher throughput for a
lower price (but with less memory), and it seems to support Debian as well.

Any idea why the QNAP slower, and is there still room for improvement?