Re: Two questions about installing Debian on a Thecus 2100 (-a-like)

* John Winters <john@sinodun.org.uk> [2007-12-14 14:20]:
> More replying to myself I'm afraid.  I've got stuck trying to do
> step 2.
>
> The instructions for interrupting redboot say to use:
>
> arping -f 192.168.1.100 && telnet 192.168.1.100 9000
>
> Unfortunately the current version of arping (2.06) doesn't
> understand a "-f" option and I can't find one which does - I presume
> it would tell arping to exit after receiving one reply.

There are two variants of the arping tool in the Debian archive and
you're using the wrong wrong.  Please install the iputils-arping
package rather than the arping package.  (Confusing, yeah!).

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/