Re: kernel2.6.22 or later

On 2007-10-12 14:06 +0200, Peter Korsgaard wrote:
>  Wookey> We've found that devices using this chip have some issues:
>  Wookey> they don;t work with an MTU of 1500 - you have to turn it
>  Wookey> down to 1486. This is true on 2.6.21 and 2.6.22 with the
>  Wookey> hardware we have. Something would appear to be quite
>  Wookey> broken. They work fine on windows. They are incredibly cheap
>  Wookey> though :-) GBP 2.45! ($5)
>
> Please report problems with the driver to me! I first heard of the
> problem from a Fedora user last week and it turned out to be a typo in
> the driver. The fix is in 2.6.23.
>
> See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/73294 for details.
>
> I don't actually have the hardware myself - I wrote the driver for a
> friend who has one, that's probably why I never noticed myself.
>
> They are indeed cheap, but I haven't been able to find any around here
> (.be).

We'll be very happy to send you a couple in exchange for your efforts
on this, if that would be useful?

And yes, we should have got in touch about this - it's been annoying
us quite significantly for a couple of months. I suppose we assumed it
must have been working for the original driver author and that our
particular device was at fault. I will try to remember not to make
such an assumption in future.

Wookey
--
Principal hats:  Balloonz - Toby Churchill - Aleph One - Debian
http://wookware.org/