Re: Debian on Thecus N2100

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 10:42 +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> I'm about to order a re-badged N2100 for use as a home NAS, and have a
> few questions about getting Debian onto it.
>
> I see that 4.0r1 is broken, is it best to install r0 or are there
> installer images with the fixed kernel on?  I could try installing Sid,
> but I'd prefer something known to work. :)
>
> I've never done software RAID before, so I'm being cautious.  Is it
> fairly simple with the Debian installer to setup a 4G /, 1G swap, and
> the rest as /home, all on RAID-1?  Would I need a separate /boot, or is
> the initramfs in the flash sufficient?

Thanks for the help everyone, my NAS is now running Debian Etch.
However, I can't get Avahi to work, the initial announce works but any
subsequent queries fail: it appears that multicast packets are being
dropped by the network driver.  Has anyone else seen this, and if so are
there any workarounds or solutions?

(please CC me, I'm not on the list)

Cheers,
Ross