NSLU2 hangs, can anyone help?

I recently had to rebuild my slug, and did it the manual way due to the
broken installer. Everything seems to be fine, and the slug boots ok.

If I leave the slug alone, it seems to be fine. If I try to use it, it hangs
after a short while. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to what I try to
do before it hangs. It appears to be random.

I thought it was related to a USB problem, as before I noticed this current
issue, the slug would reboot if I plugged in my Topfield PVR into the spare
USB port.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,
Rob