Re: Switch to Debian on Slug, problems with music streaming

On 5/22/07, John P Willett <jpwillett@raytheon.com> wrote:
> Out of all the ftp deamons available on debian, wu-ftpd is probably the
> last thing I would consider using.  Try another one.  There are plenty.

I would agree.  Wu-ftpd typically runs with full root privileges, which
should be of serious concern to every admin connected to the internet.
FWIW, my suggestion would be to try vsftpd.

Thanks, everyone seems to be suggesting I switch to vsftpd so I will
try that and see if it improves things!

Thanks again to everyone,

-James

--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com