Re: NSLU2 D-I RC2, installation oddities, apt-get update error

* Rob Lockhart <rlockhar@gmail.com> [2007-03-28 07:47]:
> I have a serial console, and did the install through that.  I also did
> the installer image install via Redboot/TFTP.
> After booting, I go through the menu options, etc. and partitioning.  I
> notice that the first hard drive shown during install is sdb, whereas
> the second is sda.  After install, I had to switch the USB cables
> around, because it was trying to boot from the drive that the install
> had marked as sdb (weird).

There's no guarantee what disks will be labeled.  To use more than on
disk without having them change names, you need to mount them as
/dev/disk/by-uuid/...  You can put this into /etc/fstab and then you
need to run:
  update-initramfs -u
  flash-kernel

> When logging in as root for the first time, I have to change the
> root password to something other than what I chose during the
> install.  That seems a little redundant.

Maybe your clock wasn't set properly before and now it is, or the
other way around.  Does your clock show the current date now?
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/