Re: NSLU2 D-I RC2, installation oddities, apt-get update error

On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 07:47:05AM -0400, Rob Lockhart wrote:
> I have a serial console, and did the install through that.  I also did
> the installer image install via Redboot/TFTP.
> After booting, I go through the menu options, etc. and partitioning.  I
> notice that the first hard drive shown during install is sdb, whereas
> the second is sda.  After install, I had to switch the USB cables
> around, because it was trying to boot from the drive that the install
> had marked as sdb (weird).

This is a known occasional bug - I _think_ it's concerned with how udev
sees the drive - there should be something in the Release notes being
prepared now for the actual release of Etch.

> When logging in as root for the first time, I have to change the root
> password to something other than what I chose during the install.  That
> seems a little redundant.

Not sure on this.

> Now, when I do "apt-get update" as root, I get this weird error:
>
> W: GPG error: http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release: Unknown
> error executing gpgv
> W: GPG error: http://mirrors.kernel.org etch Release: Unknown error
> executing gpgv
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

I've had a couple of problems accessing security.debian.org in the last
few days so used one of the other servers listed in the rotation for
s.d.o. If it can't find s.d.o, I wonder what happens? Is it possible
that one of them doesn't have the appropriate files for Release or keys
for the signed archive ? Strange things happen in the run-up to an actual
release - which should be this weekend or so. PARTY !!!

Andy