Re: arm eabi port, patches

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 02:06:49PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> > The SMP board that Wookey had?  I don't really see why you'd use a
> > board like that for building?  Two or three n2100s are cheaper and a
> > lot faster than some SMP quad 80MHz board.  Also consider that ARM
> > SMP is still experimental and that glibc doesn't yet have proper SMP
> > support (memory barriers) last time I heard.
>
> Correct.  I have a patch for barriers on NPTL sitting around, but the
> only SMP board we had was too flaky to be sure it worked.

Is that something you can share?  I have some dual-core Intel h/w I'd
like to try this on.  The xsc3 core doesn't implement all of the v6 ISA
(v5te only), but does have the standard set of ARMv6 memory barriers.

[ In theory the two xsc3 cores in this CPU aren't cache coherent but
  I'd like to try it anyway. ]