Re: APEX, NSLU2, skip stuff

On Mon, Aug 14, 2006 at 12:25:43AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Marc Singer <elf@buici.com> [2006-08-13 12:44]:
> > All good.  I flashed the image the way I flash any upgrade.  Since
> > it booted, I believe it's all good.
>
> So, I can confirm that it also works for me.  I've booted both into
> debian-installer and into a Debian system, and I also tested a kernel
> which is bigger than 1 MB. :-)
>
> I noticed that APEX loads everything from a FIS partition into memory.
> Maybe it would be possible to honour the size entry from the Sercom
> header, but I don't think this is terribly important.

<Celebrate>

I booted the image you sent me to the hard drive I use for
development.  Nice work.

I have one note.

If we fill all of the fields in the FIS partition entry,
e.g. including the data_length, I will set APEX to honor it.  If the
value is zero, it will copy the whole partition as it does now, If the
value is not zero or 0xffffffff, APEX will copy only the length of the
data within the partition.