APEX, NSLU2, skip stuff

I've got a version of APEX working with skip descriptors.  It copies
the kernel from flash to SDRAM in one go, skipping the SERCOMM header
we insuinate at the start of the original ramdisk partition.

I'd like to test this with the output of the modified slugimage.  So,
would you either

  a) make an image with sligimage that does our new magic
  b) give me a quickstart so I can do it?

Also, you made a couple of comments about the apex package in an email
that I'm unable to find.  I recall that the changelog had the wrong
version number and that the control file specified the wrong name of
the source package.  Was there anything else?

Cheers.