Re: RC1 issues on NSLU2 without a big enough swap partition: ssh killed, partman freezed

Martin Michlmayr a écrit :
> * Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org> [2006-11-20 17:25]:
>> I restarted the nslu2, created a larger swap partition (128M) and now
>> the installation is going on happily.
>>
>> Note that askig the partitioner to choose the partitions' size by
>> itself, it creates a swap area of circa 80M, which as I mentioned
>> earlier is not enough to create a root fs and continue the installation.
>
> Now that is an interesting observation.  I'm surprised that 80 MB swap
> isn't enough, but I've heard of lots of failures with a 1 GB drives so
> I believe it.

Also, I think (but not tested) that 32 MB of RAM + 80 MB of swap is not
enough to build some locales (mostly UTF-8 locales). It is anyway very
slow. Maybe it could be a good idea to detect machines with very low RAM
and install locales-all instead on those machines. It takes more disk
space, but almost no RAM.