Re: RC1 issues on NSLU2 without a big enough swap partition: ssh killed, partman freezed

* Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org> [2006-11-20 17:25]:
> I restarted the nslu2, created a larger swap partition (128M) and now
> the installation is going on happily.
>
> Note that askig the partitioner to choose the partitions' size by
> itself, it creates a swap area of circa 80M, which as I mentioned
> earlier is not enough to create a root fs and continue the installation.

Now that is an interesting observation.  I'm surprised that 80 MB swap
isn't enough, but I've heard of lots of failures with a 1 GB drives so
I believe it.

> It'd be a nice thing IMHO to inform the user about this problem,
> somehow.

I'll put something on my web page.  Thanks.
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/