Re: NSLU2 Debian - Which toolchain?

On 2006-11-14 11:05 -0700, Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> >Which repository and/or packages/toolchain can I use to develop for the
> >NSLU2 platform on debian-386 (etch)?
>
> Instructions that I use to build a cross-compilation toolchain are at
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/BuildingCrossCompilers

This works, but is very much the hard way of doing it. This work has
been done for you be emdebian.org, so all you have to do is add
emdebian.org to your sources list and apt-get install
gcc-4.1-arm-linux-gnu
(or g++-3.4-arm-linux-gnu or whatever you need).

Current info is here:
http://wiki.debian.org/EmdebianToolchain

I see that the emdebian.org site contains 3 different lots of
cross-toolchain info, none of which is the above 'easy version' and
actually uptodate. Sorry about that - it needs tidying up so people
like you can find what you need to know. This is still relatively new
work so things are still changing.

Wookey
work: http://www.aleph1.co.uk/                 play: http://wookware.org/