Re: Deciding new arm EABI port name

> dpkg-architecture in dpkg 1.13 returns "os-cpu", where os and arch are
> grabbed from ostable and cputable.
Er... are we talking about different meanings of the word "architecture" here?
This discussion is about the new equivalent to "arm", "i386", "m68k"
and so on, as used in the file names for Debian binary packages that
contain machine-dependent object code.

$ dpkg --version
Debian `dpkg' package management program version 1.13.16 (i386)
$ dpkg-architecture
DEB_BUILD_ARCH=i386
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_BUILD_ARCH_CPU=i386
DEB_BUILD_GNU_CPU=i486
DEB_BUILD_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE=i486-linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_ARCH=i386 <------------ This!
DEB_HOST_ARCH_OS=linux
DEB_HOST_ARCH_CPU=i386
DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU=i486
DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM=linux-gnu
DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE=i486-linux-gnu

> You are stuck with eabi-arm or gnueabi arm unless you are
> going to change the behaviour of dpkg-architecture while
> you are at it :)

Sorry, I still don't get it.
Do you mean that all the existing architectures (i386, arm, powerpc)
have to change to linux-i386, linux-powerpc etc? That makes no sense
at all.
Or that eabi/gnueabi is an operating system?