Re: Deciding new arm EABI port name

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 03:40:40AM +0300, Guillem Jover wrote:

> | armel (confusing: "armeb" is already taken for bigendian old-ABI)
>
> Is there any plan for armeb to switch to EABI before getting into the
> archive? If there is this would not be as confusing. Also it would be
> nice if the name could be consistent in case armeb wants an EABI
> counterpart (if it has not switched to it).

armeb uses the regular old ABI because EABI just simply doesn't work
unless you use the Codesourcery toolchains.  If upstream gcc x.y ever
gets usable for EABI we'll happily switch to EABI.

We're not going to get into the archive any time soon anyway so
switching ABIs isn't much of an issue.

cheers,
Lennert