Re: Jabber segfault Bug #142599

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 03:46:18PM -0400, Ralph Siemsen wrote:

> I happen to know of at least one person running jabber successfully on
> an ARM box.  He has the core, MUC, MSN transports and SSL all working
> for the last 5 months without any problems.

Do you know if he's using the Debian package or a custom build?  I'm
just trying to determine if I can actually close the bug or not.

> Glancing at the bug report (I assume you mean #142599) my guess would
> be a pth issue and/or glibc issue.  SIGUSR1 is used by pth threading
> and evidently the handler isn't getting installed properly.  Make sure
> that for jabber pth-1.4.0 is used, no earlier and no later.  This
> appears to be a requirement on x86 as well, as evidenced by countless
> posts to the jabber devel lists.

Yea, meant to include the bug number, but appear to have forgotten it,
that's the right one.  The current Jabber packages (as of 1.4.2a-1)
provide and build against their own copy of pth-1.4.0.

--
Jamin W. Collins