Re: Jabber segfault Bug #142599

On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 01:12:51PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> I'm hoping that someone here would be willing to lend a hand and help
> with bug report that's been open against Jabber for a little over a year
> now.
>
> It appears (from the bug report) that Jabber segfaults when run on an
> ARM system.  Unfortunately, I don't have access to an ARM system for
> testing.  I'm hoping that someone here could take a moment and look
> through the report, test the package and suggestions in the report and
> let me know the outcome.

I happen to know of at least one person running jabber successfully on
an ARM box.  He has the core, MUC, MSN transports and SSL all working
for the last 5 months without any problems.

Glancing at the bug report (I assume you mean #142599) my guess would
be a pth issue and/or glibc issue.  SIGUSR1 is used by pth threading
and evidently the handler isn't getting installed properly.  Make sure
that for jabber pth-1.4.0 is used, no earlier and no later.  This
appears to be a requirement on x86 as well, as evidenced by countless
posts to the jabber devel lists.

--
Ralph Siemsen
www.netwinder.org