Re: Need help with Netwinder - cyber2000fb kernel command for kernel 2.4.16

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 10:33:05PM -0500, B. Douglas Hilton wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Now then, I would like to crank up my framebuffer resolution
> to 1024x768-24@72 but the kernel seems to be ignoring my
> command:
>
> boot cmd=video=cyber2000fb:1024x768-24@72
>
> and neither did this work
>
> boot cmd=video=cyber2000fb:1024x768

Try using fbset program to change resolutions.  The commandline format
has changed a few times in history and I'm honestly not sure at this
time, what the proper format is anymore...

> Also, that kernel source .text.exit error thing... what do I need
> to do here exactly to fix this? This is with the Debian 2.4.16-all
> source and the kernel-patch-2.4.16-arm applied. I would like to
> make a mostly monolithic kernel with only a few modules, such
> as binfmt_aout, binfmt_misc, loop, etc.

Not sure what you mean here.

> I noticed I get a lot of unresolved symbols when I depmod -a
> the files affected are:
>
> ieee1394/ohci1394.o
> net/acenic.o
> net/sk98lin.sk98lin.o
> scsi/qlogicfc.o
> scsi/sym53c8xx.o
> sound/msnd_classic.o

Yes, I agree these can be deleted safely.
-R