Re: Upgraded NeTTrom from 2.1.24 to 2.3.3 - refuses to boot

On Tue, 2002-03-12 at 15:57, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I get nothing when connecting my freshly made 9-pin nullmodem cable
> between my PC and the Netwinder.  I use minicom, and 115200 8N1 with
> no flow control.  Minicom says 'offline' in the lower right corner.  I
> expected it to go 'online' when the netwinder was turned on.

It will only go "online" if you connected pin 1 to something (pin 4 at
the other end would be a good bet).  But I don't think this is
necessary, it's just for information.

> Not even sure if the PCs serial ports are working. Do I need modules
> loaded with a 2.4.16 kernel?  There is no serial ports listed in
> /proc/interrupts, only /proc/ioports.  I tried lo laod generic_serial,
> but it did not have any effect.

The interrupt is only registered when the port is in use.  You should
see it in /proc/interrupts when minicom is actually running.  Does
"dmesg" mention any serial ports?  It should say something like "ttyS0
at 0x3f8 is a 16550".

p.